NNY 2-Extra-3

Side Story: Mad for the Far Away Hero 1

Why, Why, Why.

Even till the very end, Kaito-sama’s heart had remained imprisoned by that Devil.

Even when I’m the one who loves you most.

Even when I’m the one you should’ve loved the most.

Even when I’m the one most worthy of you.

But I’m, not the one beside you.

And you’re, not the one beside me.

Why, do you shed tears for that Devil.

Why, does your heart break for that Devil.

Why, do you desire that Devil.

If only you had desired me, I would’ve have given you my body, my soul, my everything.

Of course, if only that Devil was gone, Kaito-sama would finally open his eyes.

For he is the one destined to vanquish that Devil. And I, am the one who’d stand closest to him as he did.

I can still remember the joy from when I learned of that destiny. I can still remember the despair of having that destiny defiled.


Which was why I thought everything would be resolved once that Devil, the defiler of my destiny, was killed.

And after that, all was supposed to have returned as it should be.

Because Kaito-sama had used his own blade to cut away the chains that had enraptured him.

… And yet. And yet and yet!

By then, it was all too late. The cursed fragments of those chains had buried themselves deep, deep into his heart, his soul forever unclean, defiled.

I had no choice but to accept that fact.

So the least I could do was free that dirtied soul. Even that stolen, tarred, corrupted soul would surely be purified by the grace of God, and surely he and I would meet again in our next lives.

For I am the Saintess, and Kaito-sama is the Hero.

And so, I learned that God had granted my dearest wish.

The mistaken world was now no more, and when I realized that, I wept, I shed tears of utmost joy.

This time will be different. This time, I will not fail.

This time, I will become your one and only, I will be the one to fully occupy your soul.

Please, please wait for me.

My beloved, my Hero.







As the coach rattled along the dirt road, I, Meteria Loreria, felt slightly fatigued from the journey.


(It’s because I’d gotten used to riding the unshaking carriage Kaito-sama had created.)


In the previous world, I could only marvel at its genius, and I recall seeing him talk to the merchant Avares about its technical aspects, I now regret not asking for those details myself.

I’d been sitting on this stiff coach seat for so long that my buttocks were numb from the constant vibrations.

I used heal to secretly alleviate the numbing pain during breaks in the journey. I was, after all, still the sheltered bird of a woman at the present time. I may remember the experiences I had in the previous world, but I clearly wasn’t as fit as I had been.


My adventures with Kaito-sama during which I increased my level and proficiencies in Holy Magic and Water Magic had all turned to nothing.

It was extremely disheartening to lose the fruits of my special training with my beloved.

Then again, we simply had to do it over, together of course. In fact, with the knowledge I have in my possession, he and I could crush all of our wretched foes on our own. Yes, we won’t need other ‘companions’ who would only get in the way of our love.


He only required me, and I him.


“… phew,” I sighed, “It’s also been so long since I’ve seen this country.”

“Pardon? You’ve seen it?” said the maid at my side as she cocked her head in confusion.


I had leaked an expression of nostalgia when I looked out the coach window to see the tall walls that enclosed Aurel, the royal capital of the kingdom of Aurelia.

Silly me. It should be my first time coming to this country, so of course, she’d question my words.


“It’s nothing. I simply mistook it for something else.” I spoke a tad coldly so she wouldn’t ask any more questions.


But then, the simple maid who knew nothing of my circumstances looked shocked and even a little scared. I felt sorry for that, so I spoke to her softly,


“You know, I’d definitely need to enjoy some calming tea once I’m done with my greetings. You should join me. I’d find it lonely to have tea alone after all.”


I gently smiled to her so that she would calm her nerves, and seeing that, the maid’s cheeks reddened slightly as she stuttered a ‘Y-yes, m’lady!’ her voice higher than normal.

I then returned my gaze to the approaching city outside.

I recall hearing that at this point in time, Kaito-sama had still remained in the capital and was in the process of improving his skills within the nearby Goblin’s Nesthole, a newly forming dungeon.

Soon, Soon, Soon――…

I understood that impatience wasn’t going to let me meet him any faster, and I gripped the ends of my robes to bear with my overflowing desire, causing them to wrinkle.


(Kaito-sama, this time, this time for you, I, only I will be by your side…)


Right now, Right now, Right now.

I had to see him right now, I needed his eyes to gaze upon me, his voice to call my name, his laugh to soothe my ears.

This time, I will not let that vile Woman approach my Hero, I will not let her seduce him, dirty him.


“Leticia Lew Harston…”


It felt sick just remembering that evil name.

She had barged herself into my Kaito-sama’s kind, gentle heart, enslaved his soul, stolen the place I was destined to be.


She won’t be given the chance to this time. In the previous world, I had ended up meeting my beloved only after she had sown her malignant seeds into his soul, but this time, this world will not be the same.

I will be the one to soothe his distressing heart, only I and no other. That is the only way.


“Me-Meteria-sama, are you sure you’re alright?” the maid cried.


It appears that my thoughts had been showing on my expression.


“You may be right,” I said, “I suppose that I’d finally relaxed now that we’re so close to our long awaited destination. I might be feeling a bit ill from the ride.”

“M-my word,” exclaimed the maid, “we must stop to rest at once…”

“Kusukusu,” I giggled “You worry too much. We’ve almost arrived. I might as well rest in town.”


I could understand why the maid is so fussy about my well being. In our theocracy, the Saintess holds a position equivalent to royalty. And not simply as a figurehead. As a Saintess I had a strong say over matters regarding the country and as a subordinate, the maid would have to try everything to prevent someone of my post from feeling ill at ease.

That being said, I couldn’t simply disclose the truths only I knew, so to calm my turbulent heart, I reached into my bag and brought out my favorite doll.

This doll was small enough to rest amply on top of my cupped hands. It had pitch black hair and wore a dark robe.

I lovingly fondled my doll as if it were him, my sweet beloved.


(Soon, my Kaito-sama. I’m finally coming to meet you.)


And like that, my heart once again regained calm.

I smiled softly as the coach reached ever closer to the city, simply caressing my cherished doll.

Some time after, we had entered the gates.


The royal capital was a crowded place. At a glance, the city was less orderly than the holy capital of our Lunaria theocracy but more boisterous and lively.

In a few months from now, Kaito-sama will have conquered the dungeon he was now exclusively using to train, and it would be opened to the public. Once that happens, it’s sure to get even more crowded.


(Well, I’ll be joining him soon enough, so it might not even take those few months.)


I looked over at the grand castle from my window as the coach drove along through the town.

(I’ll have to convince princess Alesia first. And if she tries to be uncooperative, I can use the fact that they had secretly summoned the Hero as a card in my negotiations. They likely won’t make it easy for me.)


I began constructing my strategy while poking the soft cheeks of my Kaito-sama doll.


(The only others who know about the summoning should be the royal knights led by Captain Ryuudos. If I don’t lay the groundwork beforehand, those rotten royals will definitely try to attach ‘companions’ that will interfere with Kaito-sama’s journey together with me.)


This time, this time, the Hero, Kaito-sama, and the Saintess, I, will consummate our destined love.

I will stand victorious. With my knowledge of the previous world, I can easily crush any existences that seek to harm Kaito-sama, be it the princess or any other.

In fact, him and I would defeat our every foe together, thus strengthening our bond further.


“Fufufu!” I laughed.

“Meteria-sama, I see you’re feeling well again.” the maid commented. “Thanks goodness.”

“Yes, I’m fine now. Thank you for your concern.”

“Still, it’s been a long journey. Please have some rest after your greetings with his Majesty. It’d be terrible if you were to fall ill due to fatigue.”


As I once again thanked the maid for her concern, I noticed my pulse rising.


Kaito-sama was here, in this town, so close yet so far.


I had spent many heartbroken days aiming for his life, wishing only to save his soul. It was a necessary step to purify him, and I knew that. But that moment when the sword was stabbed in his chest, I had felt heart wrenching pain as if it had pierced my own. It was a pain I could never forget.

Days and days of my beloved directing hateful eyes at me, my own hate for the long dead demon lord multiplied.

But those days were no more.

For I had now received the opportunity to right that wrong, and advance towards the correct future.


“Fufu” I grinned in joy, imagining the path to my destiny.



Oh wow that was late. For those not in the discord, basically, I got swamped with commision chapters.
One more chapter ends the second volume.

Comments

  1. Okay.... Now, we have a Yandere that has returned her memories searching for the hero... I wonder how she will end up in his revenge plan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, the priestess is, crazy! I just hope that the Demon Lord is a sane woman, i feel bad for our MC now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the chapter!

    Everyone in this world is insane O_o

    ReplyDelete
  4. now it's gonna be another month of waiting for that last chapter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I guess we know why the saint betrayed him, she was a yandere that actually did care for him in her own way unlike the rest. She will find out soon that the Kaito isn't moving the same way as the first world but will she figure out he has his memories as well? That will crush her heart a second time.

    This revenge target could be interesting. She has information on the future just like Kaito has, plus she if any thing loves him too much. Out of all the people who betrayed him, she seems like the only one who might be redeemable. Would she be willing to throw everything away the second time to be by his side; or would the revenge curse even allow such a thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhm she is not redeemable. In her monologue she already mentioned a god and that is the main instigator I think. I bet the god influenced Kaito's companions to kill him because he was way too powerful (though I guess most of his companions already had such thoughts). And if you think she is crazy wait till the novel progresses. Most of the main cast is broken in some way regardless if they are the MC and his party or the antagonists.

      Delete
  6. Well. Looks like there's gonna be a yandere cat fight soon.

    This will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WTF the Yandere princess from Overlord is doing here?? Where is Climb-kun?? Where is Gazef?? We need to arrest this crazy bitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gazef's location is a spoiler for OVERLORD season III.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the chapter~!
    Saintess Yandere - chan will probably be very VERY Angry when she knows, or extremely happy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am confused. They were aware of the tutorial and still messed with kaito like that? This is how you make people hate you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope they were not aware only Kaito and surprisingly the Saintess retain her memories from the first timeline.

      Delete
  10. Yanderes, yanderes everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  11. dam its been too long I couldnt even remember that character
    can someone pls give me a brief explenation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Saintess is one of the people that betrayed Kaito in his first run. She never explained why she wanted him dead, but apparently that's because she's a jealous yandere. Now she has somehow retained her memories of that first run and is clearly planning to steal Kaito's heart before he is swayed by the demon king Leticia. Sucks to be her.

      Delete
  12. can someone remind me. am i the only one who forgot this character or its just a new mob?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The priestess is introduced with this chapter. The next chapter will feature her as well (I read the raws) She was mentioned during Kaito's death scene in the prologue but that was it.

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you seriously remove my joke comment that wasn't offensive?
      All I said was joke that it hurts to be left hanging with a chapter like this that gets one more excited for more.
      But be a censoring quivering pussy.

      Delete
    2. I think you removed it friendo.

      Delete
    3. What's REALLY funny is the fact that he didn't remove this comment of your's, but removed the aforemntioned comment.

      Delete
  14. Meatbun Delivery~
    Thank you for the chapter ( ●w●)

    Ex-GF from the previous life appeared..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hah, now the Minnalis and Shuria will have a new excuse to get intimate with Kaito. "You have tell us all the things you like about us, and say you love us, and kiss us, and then sleep with us in front of her! You want to inflict the worst possible revenge, don't you Goshujin-sama? Don't you!?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually very cunning ! I like that

      Delete
  16. I just finished reading Goblin slayer and am super confused by the picture of a saintess, blindfolded wielding a sword with a cross. Am I the only one?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope this stupid b*tch dies. After all, she will never be a part of the mc team with a personality like that. Also, she chased the mc and tried to kill him, he remembers that and won't forgive. Her stupid reasons isn't better than the others, the mc won't forgive her for speaking ill of his beloved(the demon lord). Too bad for her that the mc is the reason the world got turned back in the first place.

    I hope she dies painfully. I can't stand religious nuts like her. Also, this girl will not only get in the way of the mc uniting with the demon lord, she will also try to kill the other two girls in his harem, so she can't live.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This hoe is either someone who loves the hero because of the hero status or love him deeply.... either way, strange that she retained her memory. I do hope she's in MC's harem but ehhh either way....

    ReplyDelete

Cannot comment in dark mode

Post a Comment

Chapter Listing

Jujutsushi Wa Yuusha Ni Narenai

Kuro no Maou

Do You Think You Can Run After Reincarnating, Nii-san?